Tuesday, 3 June 2008

One down, one to go...

Cartoon message: Keep writing until the end!!

So how did you all find the exam today? Mr Harris and I thought that the Germany paper was a bit easier than the America one. Hopefully you all did well on the compulsory source questions. I will try and post the grade boundaries on here tomorrow.

The workshop for the BIG USA paper is going to be on Thursday 5th June from 2pm in room 11. Tell anyone that hasn't checked the blog.

There are lots of bits on the blog about the BIG USA paper but I want to draw your attention to two files that are particularly useful.
  1. All of the questions from the last 2 years
  2. Revision booklet #1 & revision booklet #2
These are the essentials but there is plenty more on here to go through. I have also updated the YouTube videos on the side.

Also the USA Revision Website is all about the topics in the next paper.

*Update*

Here is the 'model' answer for the USA & The Wider World 10 mark question. a little warning is that this answer is longer than you would be expected to provide in the actually exam but it is very useful as a guide.

'How did America develop its role as a world power between 1929 & 1990?'

I will post the race question model answer ASAP.

*Update No.2*

'How were the American people affected by changes in the USA between 1929 and 1990?'
Model Answer

'Did Black Americans develop equally with white people in the USA between 1929 and 1990?'

Grade Boundaries

*Update No.3*

'How were the American people affected by changes in the USA between 1929 and 1990?'